Each month, we will highlight a different Mentor match within the LifeWorks Mentorship program.
Lindsay & Linsy
* Lindsay (left) and Linsy (right) attending the QFilms Festival in Long Beach - September 2019
We asked Lindsay a few questions about their mentorship with Linsy
- What is your preferred name?
- What are your pronouns?
- When did you start your match?
Linsy and I were matched in July 2019
- Describe Linsy in three words.
Creative, caring, and funny!
- Name a quality you admire about Linsy.
Linsy is very honest when sharing about her life. This makes it super easy to get to know her.
- Think back to when you’re were first matched, did you envision your match as it is today?
I envisioned getting to know Linsy, connecting and learning with her. It’s exactly that—and more—as we continue to meet and explore new activities and events.
- What skills have you learned so far from your mentorship match?
Through this match, I’ve learned to see things from a different perspective as Linsy shares her experience with me.
- Describe a fun time you’ve spent with your mentor.
QFilms Festival in Long Beach 2019 was awesome. We got to check out the Women in Shorts bit, showing a variety of women from different cultures and spaces. It was amazing to see such a wide range of representation. Linsy and I agree this was the most fun event yet.
- If you could change one thing in this world to make it better, what would it be?
Linsy and I agree that the world would be a better place if people were less judgmental of others. As we continue to educate ourselves and others, we may get a little closer to a world of more respect and love.
Thank you, Linsy and Lindsay, for sharing your responses and being a part of the Mentorship Program!