We believe Positive Youth Development begins when youth have the opportunity to engage in areas of interest such as, music, film, writing and performing. At LifeWorks we offer Specialty programs in these fields to not only enhance their skill level, but youth will also learn collaboration, develop in self-expression and gain confidence.
The Music Fellowship
What is The Music Fellowship?
The Music Fellowship is a 12-week intensive program where fellows learn alongside musicians, songwriters and more about music theory, performance, business and education. This program is for individuals 16-24 who are seeking to build on their skills in various fields of music.
Requirements for application consideration:
- Must be a youth age 17-24
- Currently connected with youth services and/or programming at the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
- Submit completed online application.
- Commit to attend each class meeting twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays 4-6 p.m.).
- Willingness to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to participate in a constructive and productive manner.
- Respect for the space and all who are in it.
Apply online at lalgbtcenter.org/themusicfellowship
OutSet is The Young Filmmakers Project from the Los Angeles LGBT Center and OutFest. Each year, 15 diverse LGBTQ+ fellows between the ages of 16-24 are selected to participate over the course of 6 months in a storytelling and filmmaking lab focused on collaboration and mastering a successful production. OutSet’s mission is to empower and educate diverse LGBTQ+ young adults to tell their stories through film.
For many youth theatre can be an outlet of self-expression. In our theatre program youth will explore acting exercises, improvisation, and playwriting techniques to create an original piece of theatre that illuminates the experiences of our diverse community.