Substance Misuse Prevention
- By 12th grade, 62% of teenagers have abused alcohol.
- 50% of teenagers have misused a drug at least once.
- Teenagers in California are 24.46% more likely to have used drugs in the last month than the average American teen.
- 18- to 25-year-olds in California are 18.24% more likely to use drugs than the average American in the same age group.
- 17.1 million youth under the age of 18 have or have had a psychiatric disorder – more than the number of children with cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined.
Source: NCDAS https://drugabusestatistics.org/teen-drug-use/
Substance Misuse and Behavioral Health
Substance Misuse: Substance misuse is the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, over-the-counter or prescription medications in a way that they are not meant to be used and could be harmful to you or others around you.
Behavioral Health: Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make healthy choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Medical and Mental Health Supportive Services:
The Los Angeles LGBT Health Services has providers who specialize in primary care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and people living with HIV. Mental health services include Individual, couples, family, group therapy, and psychiatric care. No to low cost options available and insurance accepted.
Los Angeles LGBT Center Health Services
1625 Schrader Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Children's Hospital Los Angeles provides various programs and supportive services for at-risk youth in addition to services for the trans youth community up to age 24, including: medical services, counseling, hormone therapy assessment, HIV+ medical services, assistance with Medical, and substance use.
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90027
Hollywood Sunset Free Clinic is a licensed, free, nonprofit primary health care facility which provides quality medical, counseling, and related services to individuals.
Hollywood Sunset Free Clinic
3324 W. Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90026