Substance Misuse Prevention FAQs
I’m struggling, what are my options? What if I don’t have insurance?
- Los Angeles LGBT Center offers Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient, individual and group therapy. Call 323-993-7500 for information. No to low cost options available.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357), confidential free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish.
The referral service is free of charge. If you have no insurance or are underinsured, you will be referred to your state office. You can also be referred to facilities that charge on a sliding fee scale (treatment priced by each person’s income and dependents) or accept Medicare or Medicaid.
Why is Substance Misuse Dangerous?
- Substance misuse affects the growth and development of teens brain development along with health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and sleep disorders. Substance misuse often results with other risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex and dangerous driving.
What’s the difference between outpatient and inpatient services?
- Outpatient rehab involves daily treatment, such as therapy, counseling, or group sessions, at a clinic or facility. People who choose outpatient treatment can continue to live at home as they recover.
- Inpatient recovery programs, also known as residential treatment, require patients to check themselves into a controlled environment to overcome their addictions.